Monday, April 30, 2007

Kids, PLEASE read...

Something I really worry about is the way you guys just rush up and pat my head. Watching my mates soccer game yesterday, there must have been 5 or 6 little kids just race up to me without any warning and give me a pat.

I know I'm adorable. I understand why you want to get close and I like it. BUT NOT ALL DOGS ARE AS NICE AS ME, and not all dogs want to be patted by people they don't know.

Usually all it takes with those types is an introduction from their boss first and then they love a pat... BUT NOT ON TOP OF THE HEAD...we dogs don't really like that until we know you.

So please...

ASK THE DOGS BOSS BEFORE YOU COME NEAR.

NO BOSS, NO PATTING.

KEEP YOUR FACE AWAY FROM OURS.

LOOK AT OUR CHESTS, NOT OUR EYES.

LET US SNIFF THE BACK OF YOUR FIST...

..then scratch our CHEEKS and UNDER our ears first.
(We don't like it when people we don't know reach over our heads in case they're gonna grab us or something.)

This way less of you will get bitten by dogs who think they have no choice, and I might not have to spend my life in a muzzle.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Jake, I hear ya. Those little things on two legs can be really scary to us dogs. And about your boss...I have one of them too and she makes me do all that "sit before you eat", "wait for her to go through the door first" stuff.

Visit Clever Staffords!
The Clever Stafford Webring by Warren Bradley
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Powered by WebRing.