Thursday, June 7, 2007

not chase RABBITS?..

We were reading the other day not to allow dogs to chase small prey, because it raises the predatory instinct. The Boss has 'opinions' on that.
(Actually the Boss has opinions about most things, but as I like this opinion...)

My Bosses best mate before me was called Zac, and they used to train in a thing called Shutzhund, which the boss won't discuss with me…

(what’s THAT about ? )



This is a picture of Zac at training with the Other Boss...(I learned that you don't refer to her as 'the Bosses Bitch' but I still don't get it!)

The guy in the funny pyjamas is another dogs boss.

Looks more like the usual SIT STAY training to me.

Yawn.

Anyway, he thinks that for me to do WHAT he says, WHEN he says it, no matter the circumstances, I sometimes have to train while I'm really excited or stressed...(and I don't really get stressed...just a bit p'd off when humans can't make their MINDS UP!)

What he does with me is let me chase after rabbits in a big open field... and when I'm really onto a scent or maybe see a rabbit and take off at full speed...he makes me DOWN, and STAY until he gives me "the release"...and then off I go...look out rabbits!

Then, on other occasions he lets me get up to 25 mts away and really motoring before making me DOWN, and calling me back to HEEL.

And of course sometimes he just watches me chase them around the bushes and laughs at me...which I don't really like.

I will get one one day mate...and you won’t be getting ANY.

No comments:

Visit Clever Staffords!
The Clever Stafford Webring by Warren Bradley
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Powered by WebRing.