Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Training lineage...

The Boss does another kind of training himself...(called wing chun...and it looks even more boring to me than SIT/STAY!), and said it was important to acknowledge those whose methods and systems are employed...especially once you begin to make progress.

So, with a CGC cert. under my collar, I should say thanks to Malcolm Downey, ex RAF handler now based in Auckland. It was him who taught my Boss how to speak dog properly and showed him what is possible for a well trained dog to do, (without suppressing our essential dogginess). Both of the Bosses and Malcolm spent about three years working with a group of dogs, and it's that experience which shaped my training.

Also, Gary Wulff here in Wanaka runs basic obedience courses which we have attended most weeks since I was about 2 yrs old...so about 3 months. These have been really great for teaching me how to behave around other dogs...some of the CGC exercises would have been much more challenging without that experience.

So thanks guys...very appreciated!

No comments:

Visit Clever Staffords!
The Clever Stafford Webring by Warren Bradley
[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List | Stats
Join | Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]
Powered by RingSurf!
Powered by WebRing.